Braided Packagings for different applications in different version:
- PFTE:Highest thermal and chemical resistance due to 100 % pure PTFE yarns, also available impregnated or with incorporated graphite
- Carbon/GraphiteHigh-performance packings made of expanded pure graphite strips and pure carbon fibre yarn
- Glass:Textured glass fiber yarns treated with PTFE dispersion or graphite powder
- PTFE/Aramid:A combination of the excellent chemical and thermal resistance of PTFE with the pressure and extrusion resistance of Aramid.
- Aramid:packs of high-quality aramid yarns from staple fibres, for difficult applications in connection with high pressure, abrasive or crystallizing media, too large gaps, etc.
- Various combinations of ramie and acrylic fibres, polyimide yarns and novoloids
Fields of application and industries:
Mechanical engineering, chemistry, metalworking and processing industry, tool and mould making, foundries.
Expanded PTFE (ePTFE)
To minimize the creep associated with normal, sintered PTFE, TEADIT® utilises a thermal expansion process before sintering. Gasket products expanded in one direction (cords or tapes) or multidirection (tapes or sheets) are being produced this way. Expanded PTFE has excellent chemical resistance; it also exhibits a very high compressibility and is therefore ideal for use with fragile or glass lined flanges. Its main drawback is the handling and installation of large gaskets or where it is not possible to separate the flange faces. It is often used as a replacement for the sheet filled with Hollow Glass Micro-Spheres.
TEADIT 28LS-LE - High-purity ePTFE Gaskets with Diffusion Barrier
TEADIT® 28LS-LE is a new generation of gaskets produced from 100% pure, multi-directionally expanded PTFE. The biocompatible gaskets are designed for use in the pharmaceutical, chemical and food industry. A diffusion barrier ensures extraordinarily high sealability at very low gasket stress.
TEADIT 28LS-LE gaskets are therefore ideal for - but not limited to - sealing connections where only very low surface pressure can be applied, i.e. on plastic or glass flanges..
- Universally employable gasket
- Exceptional mechanical strength
- Minimal creep
- Dimensionally stable
- Increases the sealability of the gaskets and reduces cross contamination and migration
- Meets the TA air and blow-out guidelines
- Usable in the pharmaceutical and food industry (FDA and EU 1935/2004)
- Can be stored indefinitely